Yesterday, I attended this event: similar to CITCON but with a wider “anything goes” feel.
My thanks to everybody who attended and especially to those who presented, I learned some Good Stuff.
Good Stuff like:
- the acquia Drupal ‘distro’ and the aegir hosting system for Drupal sites
- what I am doing wrong with Git! Thanks aussiegeek!
- what is good about the fish shell
- prezi.com, “the zooming editor for stunning presentations” presented by my old (read: in times of yore, not aged) colleague @mrees.
- an excellent discussion/forum on why Agile does not mean “no documentation.”
Most of this stuff is outside my normal sphere of influence, so this was a truly mind-opening experience :-)
I did a couple of informal stand-ups about Griffon and Grails. Shame that I didn’t have a projector (or rather, that I had a digital PC port and only an Analog projector cable available)…made it rather hard to show code.
No twitter for me, but I do have an equally inane piccy or two:
There’s lots more ’stuff’ out there, search for #barcampbne.